Thank you America!
I’m not sure if some of my readers got me on my last contribution to this site. At risk of repeating myself, I want to make a statement – I LOVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! Got that? Couldn’t be much clearer than that right? Let me quote one of my favorite philosophers on my behalf:
“I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York’s skyline, the sky over New York and the will of man made visible. What other religion do we need? I feel that if a war came to threaten this, I would throw myself into space, over the city, and protect these buildings with my body.” //Ayn Rand
I can say – not as a patriotic statement (because I’m not a U.S. citizen, but with full knowledge of the necessary ethical, political and aesthetic roots – that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. It is the first country that embraced democracy and it is its greatest knight of protection in our contemporaries. What country do I owe that I do not write this auf Deutch? The Americans who rest in their graves all around the coastline of Normandie. Countries that haven’t support the U.S., the Democratic Party, the “Peace” Movement, all of them should look at these graveyard reminders and bow their heads in shame!
The U.S. is a great country, but everything has its flaws. So it is better that I, rather then to write a long, boring essay about all this, just jot down some few points that are important to what is good vs. bad with the United States. Here we go:
1. The whole country rests upon slavery, extermination of millions of natives, colonialism, oppression against women, racism, homophobia and other forms of terrible deeds.
2. The United States have been carrying out Imperialistic wars (for instance against Mexico and Japan) in the same manners as their earlier oppressors, the UK.
3. It has supported and nourished evil forces around the globe with the aim of fighting an even worse enemy, the Soviet Union.
4. Their way of lifestyle is not sustainable for our world. With a country that doesn’t know what pavements beside the roads are and with citizens that laugh at Swedes biking around on their cute little bicycles, Mother Nature has serious problems for the future!!
5. From the U.S., a serious danger is threatening our world – the religious fundamentalists with their baloney and balderdash! The last thing our world needs is religious coco nuts telling us what to do and restricting our freedom. Religions are cool stuff – as long as they stay private, but it is a worrying development that has been going on in the U.S. for quite some time now and is spreading to the rest of the world (Iceland = the channel Omega, Sweden = Knutby and Pingstkyrkan).
1. The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world.
2. It was our first democracy!
3. No other country, along with Great Britain, has meant so much for so many oppressed people and so much for the defense of liberty, justice and democratic values around our globe as the United States of America. And for that, we can’t never be thankful enough. The only reason I need for knowing that United States is the superior, although with all its flaws and errors, in contrast to its enemies is to hear the arguments of my opponents (Saddam Hussein is better than George Bush, the U.S. is the most evil country today yada yada). It is funny to hear, sadly it is way out of line!
4. Nowhere in the world are your economical freedom as grand as it is in the U.S. Nowhere else can you as easily be born with two empty hands and die filthy rich. The world needs the American Dream!
5. It stands up for and respects essential basic human rights and freedoms. Here, your freedom of speech is (however nowadays threatened by conservative crack pots who, in the names of curbing terrorism, decreasing this right) boundless and other important foundations are also well-preserved.
6. It dares to question the United Nations.
7. It supports globalization, capitalism and a free market economy!
8. It dares to stand up against the Islamists. We fought and prevailed over the two towers of evil of the 20th century (Communism and Nazism) – now it is time to smash the last one to the ground – we must never let the radical movement of Islam win this battle!
9. America is the base of a multicultural society – with all its ups and downs. This is a society with passion and beauty – because it is so diverse. It is the opposite of being monotone, the opposite of having a one-sided or a homogeneous culture/society/world. The world has never been richer, both economically and culturally – and we have it a lot to thank for to the United States of America.
10. Without the United States of America, or with it but with a protectionalistic agenda, we would be living in a much more fragile, shattered and insecure world than we do today.
I rest my case!
And now: The Star Spangled Banner!
Oh, say can you see by the dawn’s early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?